Friday, March 2, 2018

The Betsy Tote



My latest make is the Betsy tote pattern by Alice Caroline and Simply Sewing. For the interfacing I used 987F fusible fleece, my bag is soft and floppy and  the base sags. The instructions recommend a heavy interfacing, I also skipped the internal zippered pocket (will probably regret this latter when I am using the bag).
The purple webbing is from Icraftforless.com.
The fabric was purchased years ago from Joann for a different bag but it was never made. I pieced two piece for the gusset as I did not have enough fabric. My favourtie feature is  the front pocket, the way its patched on the bag front with the raw edges hidden by the straps and base seam gives you two pockets for one.
The pattern instruction are well written making this an easy pattern to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking the Pattern- Review

I was excited to see a new sewing book at my local library last week. Without much thought I checked it out. The book is 'Breaking ...