Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Bravo Bottoms Pattern



with lingerie elastic
After making the Acacia pattern I purchased the Bravo Bottoms #1 pattern. This pattern has 3 waist heights and 2 back options. So far I have made the bikini with the two back options.
This pattern requires fabric with at least 25% stretch.  The stretch guide diagram is 4 inches in total therefore  I added an extra inch before I used it to check the stretch of my fabric. I recycled a grey t-shirt, so I am also calling this a re-fashioned items.
The pattern pieces are hand drawn. I only mention this because I was surprised at first. There is no pattern layout but there are clear instructions on cutting, fitting and construction.
Instructions are given for attaching fold over elastic, stretch lace and lingerie elastic. I was confused and there  did not follow the instructions for lingerie elastic instead I stitched the elastic to the right side of the fabric with straight edge aligned to the raw cut edge of the garment. I then folded the elastic back to the wrong side and topstitched with a zigzag stitch. afterwards looking at a read to wear pair I understood the instructions to sewing lingerie elastic so next time I will try it.
This pattern is a quick sew. I like quick makes.
 
recycling a t-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking the Pattern- Review

I was excited to see a new sewing book at my local library last week. Without much thought I checked it out. The book is 'Breaking ...