|Ice Cream Hoop Art|
Ice Cream Hoop Art
What you will need
5 inch embroidery hoop
fabric scraps in red, blue, cream and brown.
back ground fabric measuring 8 x 8 inches
ice cream template
1. Using the template cut out the ice cream scoops and cone.(or you could cut out the shapes free hand)
2. Assemble and glue the ice cream shapes in the centre of the background fabric.
3. Place the fabric into the embroidery hoop, (the opposite way to normal, so the inner ring is on the right side of the project)
4. Lower the feed dogs, change to a darning foot, place the hoop under the darning foot.
5. Using black thread begin free motion stitching around the ice cream shapes. For a bolder look stitch over the original stitching again. Don't forget the cherry stem.
6. Remove the hoop from the machine and remove project from hoop.
7. Place project back in the hoop, this time the right way ( as seen in the photo above)
8. Trim excess fabric to 1 inch around hoop
9. Hand baste around fabric edge. Gather the fabric into the back of the hoop. Tie off the thread.
|wrong side of project with fabric gather|
10. Hang up your new art work and enjoy.