Friday, April 7, 2017

Work in Progress

I could be the only person who makes a quilt for their washing machine, but you see I like to keep the top of my front loader clean from dust and spills, this pass weekend  we replaced the old machine and the new one is bigger, so a new cover was needed, hence this black, white and red quilt top.
I only had two objectives when I started- 1. to use only red, white and black and 2. to use what fabric I already had.  I cut and pieced until I had a 28in (71cm)square. Despite my lack of prior planning I think it's a success, well I like it. The red draws you in and allows the eye to travel around the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Slippers

 I made a new pair of slippers this week to replace the first pair I made last year. Again I followed the same pattern instructions as be...