Friday, March 31, 2017

2017 Challenge Update

I am extremely pleased with the progress  I am making with my 2017 challenge.
The Lizzy Dress

The Lizzy Dress- back
Firstly this month I made the Lizzy Dress in a black linen/cotton blend, It looks more gray than black. I wore the dress last weekend. This dress pattern has a lot of ease , knowing this from making the toile, I used a wider seam allowance then was suggested. I had trouble sewing the curved pockets so instead I shaped my pockets differently.
I also made the Daisy Dress in a floral blue and white stretch poplin ( pictured below) I added an in seam pocket to the side without the zipper. I am looking forward to a nice hot day so I can wear this dress.


The Daisy Dress
Finally this month I also made a toile of the Joni Dress and am now looking to buy fabric.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking the Pattern- Review

I was excited to see a new sewing book at my local library last week. Without much thought I checked it out. The book is 'Breaking ...