To make the cushion you will need-
One front piece 14 x 14''
Back pieces 11 x 14'' and 5 x 14''
Binding fabric 2 1/4 wide, length of fabric.
Bunny fabric and wonder under 8 1/2 x 11''
One zipper 18''
Instructions for the front of the cushion
1. Draw bunny shape on paper side of wonder under
2. Fuse wonder under to wrong side of bunny fabric. Cut out bunny shape. Remove paper back, fuse to right side of front piece, centered.
3. Zig zag or satin stitch around bunny shape.
4. Sew button tail on bunny
Instructions for the back
1. Place large back piece (11 x 14) right side up on work surface. Position zipper face down along 14'' edge. pin and sew together using zipper foot.(tip- allow the zipper pull to excess the edge of fabric, this way you do not need to move the zipper pull when stitching)
|small back pieces pressed under 1''. zipper excess fabric edge.|
3. Press one 14'' edge of smaller back piece under 1'' to form a crease.
4. Place this edge along zipper edge,(raw edge aligned with zipper edge) right side of fabric to right side of zipper. Stitch together.
5. Refold at crease (the crease should cover the zipper), topstitch, allow zipper foot to follow zipper teeth.
|Flap covers zipper. Zipper pull with in fabric area.|
6. Back piece should now measure 14 x 14''
7. Trim the zipper , but first make sure the zipper pull is within the fabric area.
8.Stay stitch at each end of zipper
Instruction to finish cushion
1. Place front and back pieces wrong sides together, using a 1/4'' seam allowance stitch all four sides.
2. Bind cushion edges. For instructions on binding follow steps 7 to 12 from my potholder tutorial.