Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Happy New Year!

I very much neglected this blog last year. But I feel I am not the only one, many of the blogs I follow are rarely updated. It is a shame because I enjoy reading them and I am grateful for the ones that  are regularly updated. My favourite  Handmade by Carolyn.
Anyways moving on to my latest make. Its the Erin Skirt by Lisa Comfort (instructions and pattern from issue 22 and 23 of Simply Sewing). I started the skirt in November and its been sitting on my sewing table for a while waiting for buttons. This morning with the children back at school. I put on some music (Savage Garden) and got to work.
The fabric is a stretch navy blue corduroy (98% cotton). The buttons are spectrum cool size 1 1/8 in (28mm).
Its the third time making this pattern. I have enjoyed wearing my first skirt very much but I feel that its a little short in length. (it may have shrunk) so this time I added an extra 2 inches in length. This is the only adjustment I made to the pattern.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking the Pattern- Review

I was excited to see a new sewing book at my local library last week. Without much thought I checked it out. The book is 'Breaking ...