Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Pokemon makes and a skirt

I recently brought a yard of quilting cotton with a busy Pokémon print to make a few things for daughter. The first item is the Knickers pattern from issue 9 of Simply Sewing.  This pattern is designed for woven fabric. The lingerie elastic  I used is 3/8in (.95cm) by Dritz.  The next item I made using up  the scraps is a headphone purse. This pattern is from issue 38 of Simply Sewing. I also made  a scrunchie from the scraps (not photographed) and still have about half a yard of fabric left. Thinking of  using it to make a bag.
About  a year ago I made this denim skirt using Simplicity Pattern D0718 and never got around to hemming it. Finally today I finished the hem with white bias binding, Sorry I just realized its difficult to see in this photo. I made view B from the pattern and eliminated the centre front seam. The denim is heavy and stiff. a piece i was given. This skirt is still a work in progress. I hope to finish this skirt off with some light distressing, by using sandpaper on the seams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking the Pattern- Review

I was excited to see a new sewing book at my local library last week. Without much thought I checked it out. The book is 'Breaking ...