Friday, April 20, 2018

So very Happy!


Remember this cotton + Steel Mesa lawn fabric? Back in January I made a dress with it and just hated the dress, so I unpicked it and  made something  I do like with the dress skirt. so very happy I could salvage some of the fabric from the rubbish bin.
Its a New look pattern that came with  Sew magazine Feb 2018. I made style B the shorter top version, since I was working with cut piece of fabric. I cut a size 14, when I made up the sides and tried it on it felt a little tight, so I unpicked them and used a 1cm seam allowance instead of the 1.5cm allowance. its a better fit now. for the back closure instead of the loop and button I used a hook and eye that I already had. otherwise I made the top up as per the instructions which are easy to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking the Pattern- Review

I was excited to see a new sewing book at my local library last week. Without much thought I checked it out. The book is 'Breaking ...