Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Working with Knit Fabric

I purchased 2 yards of a gray knit fabric last week($8 a yard). Its a cotton poly blend with gold polka dots. I have not done much sewing with knit fabric so was eager to try something easy. I chose the 'Go-To Dress' from "Sew What You Love" for my first make (pictured above). To stitch the dress I used the straight stitch for stretch fabric for the seams and a narrow zigzag for all the hems. I used a size 90/14 ball point needle.
Next I will try 'The Walkley' pattern from Simply Sewing. I have just enough fabric to make the top.
Happy Sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking the Pattern- Review

I was excited to see a new sewing book at my local library last week. Without much thought I checked it out. The book is 'Breaking ...