Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Founation Paper Piecing

Foundation paper piecing always looked difficult and confusing to me until I tried it for myself this week using the Thread Spools Pouch project from Quilt Now issue 22.
My thoughts on Foundation paper piecing now are:-
1 this is a good project to use up small fabric scraps
2 very time consuming cutting all the tiny squares and rectangles
3 with the paper guide stitching accurate and straight seams is easy
4 NOT difficult or confusing.
My finished pouch measures 3 x 7 in. A perfect size to store my pens.
You will find more information on this technique here.
What new technique have you tried recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking the Pattern- Review

I was excited to see a new sewing book at my local library last week. Without much thought I checked it out. The book is 'Breaking ...